We’re aware that teaching our children to stay motivated when things get hard can be a tough task. We’re known to strive to make our children’s lives better, teaching them to keep perspective, and pushing them to see the positive side of things at all times.
But we seem to forget that embracing life’s obstacles, welcoming the bad with the good, and persevering through tough times boosts confidence, builds character, and promotes determination. Before we try to protect our children from pretty much everything we need to remember that there are times when life sucks, and that’s OK.
What better way to ensure your children never stop trying than to encourage them to remain motivated and focus on the getting-through-it part with words? Whether you write these phrases on pieces of paper or repeat them out loud, you’re guaranteed to notice a difference.
We’re sure you can find the right words to say down below!
Motivating phrases to write on your child’s lunch box
1. I love your creativity.
2. I am proud of the way you make your decisions.
3. I am proud of you.
4. I believe you can achieve anything you want.
5. You are a star.
6. You get stronger every day.
7. Your courage fascinates me.
8. Your smile brightens my day.
9. I love our Monday mornings.
10. I can’t wait for you to get home from school and tell me all about your day.
11. I can’t wait to hug you.
12. You are brave.
13. You are a great friend.
14. You motivate me to be a better mom.
15. You are a great kid.
16. You’re on top of every challenge life throws at you.
17. You’re willing to try, no matter what.
18. You are a gift to the world.
19. You are a problem solver.
20. You might have made a mistake, but you can keep on going.
21. You learn from your mistakes.
22. You are loved every day.
Encouraging phrases to write on a canvas, a poster, or even a sticky note to place on your child’s desk
23. Good things are coming your way, don’t forget that.
24. Attitude makes a world of difference, be positive.
25. Keep on learning every day.
26. Keep on motivating your friends to learn every day.
27. Keep doing what you’re doing.
28. You are doing the best you can.
29. You can ask for help, that doesn’t mean you’re weak.
30. You’re stronger than anyone I know.
31. You’re capable of amazing things.
32. You’re destined for greatness.
33. Your feelings are valid.
34. Your boundaries are important.
35. You are important.
36. It’s OK to make mistakes.
37. It’s OK to start over and over again, as many times as you need.
38. Take your time.
39. Time to be the best version of yourself.
40. You can do hard things.
41. You can practice to become better at something you’re passionate about.
42. You’re allowed to enjoy doing things even when you’re bad at them.
43. You can get better at anything with practice and patience.
44. Practice doesn’t make perfect, practice makes better.
45. Mistakes are allowed, they’re proof that you’re trying your hardest.
Sweet phrases to text to your child throughout the day
46. Today’s a great day to make someone smile.
47. Make today great.
48. Make today count.
49. You don’t have to be perfect, remember that.
50. You’re allowed to have a bad day, that doesn’t mean you’re a bad kid.
51. Small steps are OK, you can make progress no matter how slow you’re going.
52. You’re allowed to change your plans when you don’t want to do something anymore but don’t give up when things get tough.
53. You don’t have to be happy all the time.
54. You don’t have to get good grades all the time.
55. You’re a good student as long as you try your best, keep on going when things get tough, and persevere.
56. Smile when you’re happy and cry when you’re sad, showing emotions doesn’t have to be a bad thing.
57. Be unique.
58. Be different.
59. Be your authentic self.
60. Don’t be scared to stand out.
Heart-warming phrases to write on your child’s mirror
61. You are good enough.
62. You make my day better.
63. You have the power to change the world.
64. You can be whatever you want to be.
65. Mistakes are a part of life, embrace them.
66. You have to power to change someone’s day with your words and actions.
67. Dream big, you have the power to make your dreams come true.
68. Be patient, success doesn’t come overnight.
69. Be mindful of everyone who helps you along the way, they might need help, too.
70. Believe in yourself if you want the world to believe in you.
71. Believe that you can, and you will.
72. Things are difficult before they become easy, don’t give up.
73. Do what you’re afraid of doing.
74. Tomorrow’s a new day, you can always try again tomorrow.
75. Make time for what makes you happy.
Uplifting phrases to repeat to your child every day
76. It’s OK to not be OK.
77. It’s OK to turn off the computer or your phone when you’re overwhelmed.
78. It’s OK to rest when you’re tired, you can always pick up where you left off when you’re rested.
79. Overcoming challenges helps you grow and get better at things.
80. Challenges are tough, but they’re the best way to overcome your fears.
81. You’re stronger than you think.
82. You’re a great problem solver and I believe you can figure this out.
83. Your hard work will pay off.
84. Look how far you’ve come.
85. Look at everything you’ve achieved on your own.
86. I am so happy to see you grow.
87. I am so lucky to have you here.
88. I love the person you’re becoming.
89. You deserve everything that comes your way.
90. You’ve got this!